eTrails is AMR’s online bulletin for news, editorials, and regional & charity information.
– In The Zone: “Back to normal.2” – a mid-cycle update. by Rich Sanders (posted 01 Jul)
– Membership Corner: New Members and more AMR Tour Revisions (posted 30 Jun)
– Board Biz: May Board Meeting Minutes (posted 14 Jun)
– Event Wrap-Up: HPDE 101 (posted 08 Mar)
– P-Articles: First Impression – Taycan Turbo by Alex Ching (posted 30 Jan)
Announcements (Latest Update – 08 July)
CARS & COLORS CANCELLATION: The organizers of the Cars and Colors Festival in Telluride has notified us that the event is canceled. As such AMR will cancel the Cars and Colors Fall Tour. We hope to run this tour next year and we will announce if there is another shuffle of tours in the fall. (posted 08 Jul)
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN:
AUGUST 8, 2020 – AMR “Safe Distancing from Cones” Autocross. It’s been two years since our last autocross so come out and have some fun with us at PPIR. Event Chair Tim Drummer has a course that will put your driving skills to the test. Click here for details and/or register for the event, which ends on August 2. A course map is available for download on this link. (updated 03 Jul)
JULY 25, 2020 – AMR Breckenridge Tour. AMR’s third tour will take you through multiple scenic passes before descending into the historic ski town of Breckenridge. Pack a lunch and enjoy the day there or dine at one of the many fine restaurants in town or around the area. Register for this popular tour now at MotorsportsReg. Limited to 30 cars with registration ending on July 20. (posted 06 Jul)
JULY 25-26, 2020 – RMR “Flying Solo on the Plains” HPDE. RMR’s first HPDE is a soloed drivers event. Please see MReg for registration, event information, and new safety guidelines. Registration ends on July 20. (posted 01 Jul)
JULY 11 – AMR Porsches & Pancakes is canceled (posted 22 Jun)
SEPT 5-6 – AMR Pueblo HPDE is canceled (posted 1 Jul)
SEPT 13 – AMR Idaho Springs Tour is canceled (posted 1 Jul, see other tour changes)
NEXT BOARD MEETING: The July Board meeting will be at the Drummer’s residence on the 28th. (updated 30 Jun)
PCA TREFFEN at the BROADMOOR is coming to Colorado Springs in Spring 2022. See TCS2022 for more info. (posted 22 Jun)
PCA COVID-19 UPDATE: There is a new PCA Communicable Disease Release form that all event attendees (members, guests, sponsors, spectators, etc.) must sign to enter the facility/event or participate in the activity. Click here to review the release form. Attendees may print and sign the Release form at home and give it to the Chair/Registrar on-site. Note: The form must be printed in color, i.e., we must see the RED letters at the top of the form in order to accept it (You may complete “Fill in Track/Facility Name Above” as “All PCA events” for a one-time signature for events held May 15, 2020 through May 15, 2021.) The color Release forms will be available at all AMR events. (updated 01 Jun)
NEXT MEMBERSHIP SOCIAL: TBD (updated 17 Mar)
– To view upcoming events for a specific region, go to the Calendar page and use the green ‘Tags’ dropdown box to filter for that region. (Default view is tagged for AMR, RMR, and PCA National events)
– All AMR event titles in Calendar/Upcoming Events are denoted in capital letters.
– Green or purple fonts on the website denotes a link to a website or e-mail address, click on the text and it will bring up the new webpage or generate a new e-mail message, respectively.
Your AMR Website is fueled by volunteers.
Contact Alpine Mountain Region here.
*****PCA National’s Best Overall Website 2012 & 2017*****
+++PCA National’s Betty Jo Turner Award for Best Overall Newsletter 2019+++
—–Co-host PCA Porsche Parade 2009—–
- e-Brake News: 2020 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S Cabriolet caters to your senses
- Your PCA e-Brake News June 2020 Recap
- e-Brake News: Base Porsche Taycan gets rear-wheel-drive, 303-mile range for Chinese
- e-Brake News: A transaxle-Porsche journey down the Slippery Slope
- e-Brake News: Video: Porsche 997 GT2 RS vs 991 GT2 RS