eTrails is AMR’s online bulletin for news, editorials, and regional & charity information.
– Membership Corner: New Members (posted 01 Jul)
– …Low Drag: AMR “No Excuses VI” HPDE Recap (posted 30 Jun)
– Alpine Treks: 2021 Tour Schedule (updated 13 Jun)
– Board Biz: April Board Meeting Minutes (posted 12 Jun)
– P-Articles: SCAM ALERT – Sellers Beware! (posted 18 Mar)
eTrails header photo by Dave Kaley
Announcements (Latest Update – 11 Jul)
SAVE THE DATES:
Porsche Palooza ’21
AMR will be hosting a late-summer HPDE at Pueblo Motorsports Park on August 28-29 2021. PMSP is one of our favorite tracks! The 2.2 mile 10 turn track has fun elevation changes with a terrific “flow” and is suitable for novice and experienced drivers alike.
http://msreg.com/Palooza21 – Registration closes Monday, August 23.
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN:
July 25, 2021 – AMR Royal Gorge Tour: Join us for an unforgettable experience to the Royal Gorge, just outside Canon City, Colorado. Traffic on the bridge is usually reserved only for pedestrians, but we’ve been granted special permission to travel as a group across the bridge and back, pausing to take some photos on the bridge itself. After our visit to the Royal Gorge Bridge and Park, we will continue the tour on some great curved roads around the Cover Mountain area on the Gold Belt Scenic Byway. AMR Registration fee is $10.00 per person which includes admission to the park and a catered lunch. Registration ends on July 22. Sign up now on MotorsportsReg. (posted 8 July)
August 07, 2021 – AMR “No Time To Spare” Autocross: Join us for the No Time to Spare Autocross at Pikes Peak International Raceway. Autocrosses are one of the most fun activities with your Porsche where you can experience the thrill of skilled driving in a safe environment. PPIR offers 13 acres of open asphalt where we’ll set up a fun and challenging course using rubber cones. All Porsche makes are welcome. Non-Porsches are also welcome, but no non-Porsche SUV’s or trucks. Sign up at http://msreg.com/AMRAX2021 (posted 11 July)
NEXT BOARD MEETING: The July Board meeting will be held Tuesday, July 27 at Texas T-bone Steak House, 5245 N Academy Blvd Colorado Springs, CO 80918. (updated 24 July).
SNELL HELMET UPDATES: Due to a shortage of SA2020 and M2020 helmets, PCA has allowed the continuing use of 2010 Snell rated helmets through the end of 2021. (posted 05 Apr)
2021 EVENTS GUIDE: The AMR 2021 Events Guide in printable PDF format is now available for download under the eTrails webpage. (posted 25 Feb)
PCA COVID-19 UPDATE: There is a new PCA Communicable Disease Release form that all event attendees (members, guests, sponsors, spectators, etc.) must sign to enter the facility/event or participate in the activity. Click here to review the release form. Attendees may print and sign the Release form at home and give it to the Chair/Registrar on-site. Note: The form must be printed in color, i.e., we must see the RED letters at the top of the form in order to accept it (You may complete “Fill in Track/Facility Name Above” as “All PCA events” for a one-time signature for events held May 15, 2020 through May 15, 2021.) The color Release forms will be available at all AMR events. (updated 01 Jun)
– To view upcoming events for a specific region, go to the Calendar page and use the green ‘Tags’ dropdown box to filter for that region. (Default view is tagged for AMR, RMR, and PCA National events)
– All AMR event titles in Calendar/Upcoming Events are denoted in capital letters.
– Green or purple fonts on the website denotes a link to a website or e-mail address, click on the text and it will bring up the new webpage or generate a new e-mail message, respectively.
Your Award-winning AMR Website is fueled by volunteers. We are currently looking for a new Webmaster and a Web-developer. Please contact us if you are interested in joining our team.
PCA National’s Best Overall Website: 2012 & 2017
PCA National’s Betty Jo Turner Award for Best Overall Newsletter: 2019
Contact Alpine Mountain Region here.
PCA eBrake News Link
– Porsche 992 GT3 reviews: Watch and read all of the best
– PCA Spotlight: Everything to consider when upgrading your Porsche’s brakes
– We drive Porsche’s Taycan 4S: Everything you need to know [w/video]
– Piëch to Peak: Four Porsche 906 Carreras drive through the Rockies
– ‘Tomato’ in the Desert: Our Porsche Cayenne meets its first real road challenge
– Video: Why Porsche’s 992-gen 911 GT3 Cup is a technical leap
Subscribe to eBrake News