eTrails is AMR’s online bulletin for news, editorials, and regional & charity information.
– Board Biz: July Board Meeting Minutes (posted 06 Aug)
– In The Zone: Keep Your Cool by Rich Sanders (posted 01 Aug)
– Membership Corner: New Members and more AMR Tour Revisions (posted 31 Jul)
– Alpine Treks: Breckenridge Tour Recap (posted 26 Jul)
– Event Wrap-Up: HPDE 101 (posted 08 Mar)
Announcements (Latest Update – 06 August)
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN:
SEPTEMBER 25-26, 2020 – IRPCA HPDE. Please join PCA – Intermountain Region for an HPDE event on September 25th (Outer Track) and 26th (Full Track) at Utah Motorsports Campus. This event is open only to solo intermediate and advanced drivers; no in car instruction will be available. See MReg for details; registration ends on September 20. (posted 30 Jul)
SEPTEMBER 19-20, 2020 – RMR “Rocky Mountain Thunder” HPDE. This DE event is in conjunction with the National Club Race being held the same weekend. Only experienced DE drivers are allowed to participate. Click here to see qualifications and event details. Registration closes on September 15. (posted 04 Aug)
AUGUST 15, 2020 – AMR’s Tarryall Reservoir Off-Road Tour. It’s time to get our Cayennes and Macans a little dirty so join us for our annual Off-Road tour. Of course, if you don’t own a Porsche SUV, all marques are welcome. The on-road portion of the tour will take us northeast through Pike National Forest passing through Woodland Park and Lake George, past Tarryall Reservoir, and then off-road up to Boreas Pass. The tour will end at the top of Boreas Pass which is a great place to have a picnic lunch. Register at MotorsportsReg by August 10. (posted 30 Jul)
AUGUST 9, 2020 – AMR’s 45th Anniversary Picnic. Come join us for this celebration on Sunday, August 9 at Pavillion #1 in Bear Creek Park West (Argus Drive, Colorado Springs, 80906). A delicious lunch from Rudy’s BBQ will be served at 12:00 PM. RSVP is required as space is limited to 70 people (per new state regulations), so don’t wait to register on MReg! Registration closes on Friday, August 7. (posted 26 Jul)
AUGUST 8, 2020 – AMR “Safe Distancing from Cones” Autocross. It’s been two years since our last autocross so come out and have some fun with us at PPIR. Event Chair Tim Drummer has a course that will put your driving skills to the test. Registration is closed. A course map is available for download on this link. (updated 06 Aug)
NEXT BOARD MEETING: The August Board meeting will be at the Kasten’s residence on the 25th. The July Board meeting minutes have been posted. (updated 06 Aug)
SEPT 5-6 – AMR Pueblo HPDE is canceled (posted 1 Jul)
SEPT 13 – AMR Idaho Springs Tour is canceled (posted 1 Jul, see other tour changes)
PCA TREFFEN at the BROADMOOR is coming to Colorado Springs in Spring 2022. See TCS2022 for more info. (posted 22 Jun)
PCA COVID-19 UPDATE: There is a new PCA Communicable Disease Release form that all event attendees (members, guests, sponsors, spectators, etc.) must sign to enter the facility/event or participate in the activity. Click here to review the release form. Attendees may print and sign the Release form at home and give it to the Chair/Registrar on-site. Note: The form must be printed in color, i.e., we must see the RED letters at the top of the form in order to accept it (You may complete “Fill in Track/Facility Name Above” as “All PCA events” for a one-time signature for events held May 15, 2020 through May 15, 2021.) The color Release forms will be available at all AMR events. (updated 01 Jun)
NEXT MEMBERSHIP SOCIAL: TBD (updated 17 Mar)
– To view upcoming events for a specific region, go to the Calendar page and use the green ‘Tags’ dropdown box to filter for that region. (Default view is tagged for AMR, RMR, and PCA National events)
– All AMR event titles in Calendar/Upcoming Events are denoted in capital letters.
– Green or purple fonts on the website denotes a link to a website or e-mail address, click on the text and it will bring up the new webpage or generate a new e-mail message, respectively.
Your AMR Website is fueled by volunteers.
Contact Alpine Mountain Region here.
*****PCA National’s Best Overall Website 2012 & 2017*****
+++PCA National’s Betty Jo Turner Award for Best Overall Newsletter 2019+++
—–Co-host PCA Porsche Parade 2009—–
- Your PCA e-Brake News July 2020 Recap
- e-Brake News: Driving the 2020 Porsche 718 Spyder: Don't call it a Boxster
- e-Brake News: New Porsche 992 Turbo is quicker than old 991.2 Turbo S
- e-Brake News: Porsche 992 Turbo S: Driving the Everyday Hypercar
- e-Brake News: 2020 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S Cabriolet caters to your senses