eTrails is AMR’s online bulletin for news, editorials, and regional & charity information.
– Membership Corner: New Members (posted 01 Jan)
– From the President (posted 01 Jan)
– P-Articles: The “Junction” of Safe and Fast (posted 27 Oct)
– …Low Drag: OktoberFAST HPDE Wrap-up (posted 27 Oct)
– Good Turns: November/December Charity (posted 27 Oct)
– Alpine Treks: Anatomy of a Mystery Tour (posted 01 Oct)
Announcements (Latest Update – 18 January)
2023 Porsche Parade – Palm Springs, CA
June 18-24, 2023
Our host hotel will be La Quinta Resort & Club.
Phase I Registration will open February 1, 2023. At this time, PCA members register to attend Parade and make their hotel reservations. You may not register for Parade or make hotel reservations prior to this time.
All hotel reservations must be made via the Porsche Parade Housing Bureau. Please do not contact the hotel directly. During Phase I registration, you will register the Primary Entrant and reserve your hotel room. Co-entrants, children, and guests will register on April 5 during Phase II Registration. Entrants will register for banquets, activities, and events during Phase II registration – Updates at Porsche Parade
2023 AMR Board of Directors Election Results
We recently concluded the election for the 2023 Board of Directors. The following are the results reported by the ballot counting committee consisting of Lore Adams and Chris Ferguson.
|1ST Vice President||Dwight Kasten||
|1ST Vice President||Geof Suits||
|2ND Vice President||Tim Drummer||
|2ND Vice President||Robin Dillon||
|Treasurer||Stephen Heptig – Write In||
|Member At Large||Bob Foltz||
|Member At Large||Jackie Mogensen||
|Member At Large||Gary Klein||
Bylaw Election Results
The ballots in the Bylaw elections were counted on Friday, October 7th. A total of 88 valid ballots were received by the deadline, meaning we met the 10% quorum requirement for a valid election. There were 78 votes cast in favor of the new Bylaws and 10 votes against, so the new Bylaws passed and are now in effect.
The new Bylaws do impact the upcoming election for Board members. Candidates running for office will be for a two-year term instead of one-year term in the past. No Board member may hold the same office for more than two terms.
Treffen Spring 2023 – Barnsley Resort, Adairsville, GA
April 19-23, 2023
On behalf of the members of the Peach State Region and the Treffen North America staff, we would like to invite you to attend Treffen Georgia Mountains – Touring the Southern Blue Ridge. Experience four days of driving, fine dining, and exploring as PCA heads to the historic high country of Northwest Georgia over April 19 – 23, 2023. – Updates at PCA Treffen
NEXT BOARD MEETING: The January 2023 Board meeting will be held January 31st at Texas T-Bone 5245 N. Academy Blvd. Dinner at 5:30, Meeting at 6:00. (updated 9th December).
If you would like an AMR name tag/badge, please click on the link by the membership chair on the AMRPorsche.com website.
Navigate to the About AMR: Year AMR Board of Directors and Advisors: Advisor section: Membership Chair.
- Click on Membership chair wording.
- Complete form.
- To: Membership Chair.
- Subject: Name Tag.
- Comment or Message: Name (s) for the tags and mailing address to be mailed to once complete.
The Membership Chair will then email you with next steps such as where to mail the Check for $10 per tag/badge. Please make the check payable to AMR Porsche Club.
SNELL HELMET UPDATES: Effective January 1, 2022, all DE drivers must have helmets with Snell certification of either SA2015 or SA2020. (posted 09 Mar)
RECARO “Profi SPG XL” RACING SEATS UPDATE: The Driver Education Committee has been made aware of an immediate recall of Recaro “Profi SPG XL” racing seats which were produced from 2017 to 2022 due to failure issues. We ask that you forward this message to all drivers in your DE programs and post to your social media platforms. To enroll on Recaro’s list for replacement seats, please go to the following link. The letter which Recaro sent to the purchasers of these units is here. We are not requiring the Tech Inspection teams to monitor for these seats as it is up to the individual drivers to make a decision how to proceed with Recaro’s recall notification. We do, however, want to issue a warning based on Recaro’s recall and make our DE drivers aware of the situation. (posted 11 Jun)
2022 EVENTS GUIDE: The AMR 2021 Events Guide in printable PDF format is now available for download under the eTrails webpage. (posted 25 Feb)
PCA COVID-19 UPDATE: As states and provinces have eased their restrictions, PCA’s first priority remains the health and safety of our members, volunteers, sponsors and employees. Please continue to follow all local guidelines and restrictions. The intent of the Communicable Disease Waiver (CDW) was to allow us to get back to events as quickly as practical in a responsible manner.
PCA is pleased to announce, effective Thursday, July 1, 2021, PCA no longer requires the use of the CDW. Of course, all other appropriate waivers are still needed (updated 01 Aug)
– To view upcoming events for a specific region, go to the Calendar page and use the green ‘Tags’ dropdown box to filter for that region. (Default view is tagged for AMR, RMR, and PCA National events)
– All AMR event titles in Calendar/Upcoming Events are denoted in capital letters.
– Green or purple fonts on the website denotes a link to a website or e-mail address, click on the text and it will bring up the new webpage or generate a new e-mail message, respectively.
Your Award-winning AMR Website is fueled by volunteers. We are currently looking for a Web-developer. Please contact us if you are interested in joining our team.
PCA National’s Best Overall Website: 2012 & 2017
PCA National’s Betty Jo Turner Award for Best Overall Newsletter: 2019
Contact Alpine Mountain Region here.
PCA eBrake News Link
– Porsche 992 GT3 reviews: Watch and read all of the best
– PCA Spotlight: Everything to consider when upgrading your Porsche’s brakes
– We drive Porsche’s Taycan 4S: Everything you need to know [w/video]
– Piëch to Peak: Four Porsche 906 Carreras drive through the Rockies
– ‘Tomato’ in the Desert: Our Porsche Cayenne meets its first real road challenge
– Video: Why Porsche’s 992-gen 911 GT3 Cup is a technical leap
Subscribe to eBrake News