eTrails is AMR’s online bulletin for news, editorials, and regional & charity information.
– Membership Corner: New Members (posted 01 Sep)
– Board Biz: Jun Board Meeting Minutes (posted 31 Aug)
– …Low Drag: AMR “OktoberFAST HPDE (posted 31 Aug)
– P-Articles: SCAM ALERT – Sellers Beware! (posted 18 Mar)
eTrails header photo courtesy of Chris Lennon
Announcements (Latest Update – 14 September)
SAVE THE DATES:
AMR September Membership Social
The September membership social will be held on Wednesday, September 22nd at Mackenzie’s Chop House (128 South Tejon Street, Colorado Springs, CO 80903). Drinks will start at 6:00 PM and dinner will be served from a select menu at 6:30 PM. RSVP is required as space is limited to 40 people!
http://msreg.com/membershipsocialsept2021 – Registration deadline is September 19, 2021
2021 AMR Holiday Party
El Paso Club (30 East Platte Avenue, Colorado Springs, 80903) – Friday, December 17th, 2021 – Details to follow when registration opens in October!
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN:
September 17th & 19th, 2021– Rocky Mountain Thunder Club Race by Prestige Imports: Welcome to RMR’s combined Club Race / HPDE. Club race is one of PCA’s premier driving events. There are only 29 Club Races held each year. Club Race started in 1992 and it is a point of pride that Rocky Mountain Region of PCA held the first ever Club Race in that year. RMR hosted that first event at Second Creek and did so for years after till Second Creek closed and we moved th High Plains Raceway. RMR would be on record with the Potomac Region for having the longest running event had not Second Creek closed and RMR changing the event to HPR. Registration closes at midnight on September 13, 2021. Sign up now on MotorsportsReg. (posted 24 August) – Flyer
October 2nd, 2021– AMR Florissant Fossil Beds Tour Makeup: Join us on Saturday, October 2, 2021 for a picturesque drive to discover numerous fossils in the ridges and high mountain valleys of central Colorado. We will visit two such locations including Skyline Drive in Cañon City and the Florissant Fossil Beds National Park nestled in beautiful Teller County, Colorado. Registration closes at midnight on September 29, 2021. Sign up now on MotorsportsReg. (updated 13 September)
October 2nd & 3rd, 2021– AMR OktoberFAST HPDE and Dinner at the Track: The Alpine Mountain Region Porsche Club will close its 2021 driving season with a High-Performance Drivers Education event followed by an end-of-season dinner at La Junta Raceway. La Junta’s 1.3-mile 7 turn track is the perfect track for novice and experienced drivers alike! Its low 4000-foot elevation will enhance the power of your sports car. And we expect beautiful early fall weather at our HPDE. Come spend the weekend in La Junta and enjoy the comradery with your fellow Porsche Club members. Registration closes at midnight on September 27, 2021. Sign up now on MotorsportsReg. (posted 08 August)
October 16th, 2021– Porsche Klassiker am Museum: Sign up now on MotorsportsReg. (posted 14 September)
NEXT BOARD MEETING: The August Board meeting will be held Tuesday, August 31st at 4415 Monitor Rock Lane, Colorado Springs, CO 80904 (updated 28 July).
SNELL HELMET UPDATES: Due to a shortage of SA2020 and M2020 helmets, PCA has allowed the continuing use of 2010 Snell rated helmets through the end of 2021. (posted 05 Apr)
2021 EVENTS GUIDE: The AMR 2021 Events Guide in printable PDF format is now available for download under the eTrails webpage. (posted 25 Feb)
PCA COVID-19 UPDATE: As states and provinces have eased their restrictions, PCA’s first priority remains the health and safety of our members, volunteers, sponsors and employees. Please continue to follow all local guidelines and restrictions. The intent of the Communicable Disease Waiver (CDW) was to allow us to get back to events as quickly as practical in a responsible manner.
PCA is pleased to announce, effective Thursday, July 1, 2021, PCA no longer requires the use of the CDW. Of course, all other appropriate waivers are still needed (updated 01 Aug)
– To view upcoming events for a specific region, go to the Calendar page and use the green ‘Tags’ dropdown box to filter for that region. (Default view is tagged for AMR, RMR, and PCA National events)
– All AMR event titles in Calendar/Upcoming Events are denoted in capital letters.
– Green or purple fonts on the website denotes a link to a website or e-mail address, click on the text and it will bring up the new webpage or generate a new e-mail message, respectively.
Your Award-winning AMR Website is fueled by volunteers. We are currently looking for a new Webmaster and a Web-developer. Please contact us if you are interested in joining our team.
PCA National’s Best Overall Website: 2012 & 2017
PCA National’s Betty Jo Turner Award for Best Overall Newsletter: 2019
Contact Alpine Mountain Region here.
PCA eBrake News Link
– Porsche 992 GT3 reviews: Watch and read all of the best
– PCA Spotlight: Everything to consider when upgrading your Porsche’s brakes
– We drive Porsche’s Taycan 4S: Everything you need to know [w/video]
– Piëch to Peak: Four Porsche 906 Carreras drive through the Rockies
– ‘Tomato’ in the Desert: Our Porsche Cayenne meets its first real road challenge
– Video: Why Porsche’s 992-gen 911 GT3 Cup is a technical leap
Subscribe to eBrake News