Announcements & News
MARK YOUR CALENDAR: Porsche’s and Pancakes Breakfast – Do you want to know about AMR’s plans for tours this year? Do you want to volunteer to lead a tour, but don’t know how to get involved? To find out the answers to these questions and more join us for AMR Tours 101 on Saturday, March 31 at 8:30am at Uncle Sam’s Pancake House, 341 Manitou Ave, Manitou Springs. Cost of breakfast is on you. RSVP to Nate Adams, email@example.com or Karl Klepfer, firstname.lastname@example.org by March 24. (posted 13 Feb)
SAVE THE DATE: It’s never too early to plan for the annual Snowmass and Heritage Fire Tour. This overnight tour is going on its forth year and is on Jun 15-16. Registration will open after lodging and Heritage Fire ticket prices are confirmed. Also see the Calendar for other tour events. (posted 11 Feb)
SAVE THE DATE: AMR’s first track event of the year is approaching fast on Apr 14-15. Registration for the “Mixing It Up” HPDE and Autocross at PPIR will open soon. Also see the Calendar for other upcoming track events. We will announce all updates on the home page as they become available. Don’t forget the HPDE 101 session in March (see below). (posted 11 Feb)
MARK YOUR CALENDAR: AMR is hosting an “HPDE 101” session on March 17th at Porsche Colorado Springs. It’s free and no RSVP required. Click here to see event details (also available in your February issue of Mountain Passages). (posted 1 Feb)
A BIG WELCOME to our new/transferred members Kevin Dessert, Janel Richards, and Clay Turne of Colorado Springs; and Kenneth Strasser of Westcliffe. We look forward to meeting you at a member social or one of our many events. (updated 31 Jan)
NEXT AMR SOCIAL: The February Membership Social will be held on Wednesday, the 21st at Jake and Telly’s Greek Taverna. Space is limited to 45 people so please RSVP with Denise soon. See Calendar Event for additional details. (posted 25 Jan)
CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS: I would like to invite you to volunteer to lead an AMR Tour or more than one in 2018. Help and assistance in the planning will be available. We are developing a structured process for planning to make it easy for you as an event lead. In many cases, the tours we have planned for 2018 already have route instructions in a draft format that only need updates/adjustments for current conditions. We can help with food arrangements for lunch and lodging arrangements should you be brave enough to tackle an overnight tour.
We are also planning a Tours 101 event in late March or early April (more to come as the date is finalized) so that everyone in the Club can learn more about the tours and what we have planned for 2018. But, don’t wait until then to volunteer because the sooner we start planning, the easier it will be to ensure a successful event. Below is the 2018 Tour Schedule:
If you want to volunteer, please contact Nate Adams, email@example.com. (posted 06 Jan)
CHANGE NOTICE: The AMR Goodie Store is now called the Mountain Market. See our advertisement page in the January issue of the revamped Mountain Passage. (posted 03 Jan)
FOR THOSE MEMBERS who are interested in becoming an AMR Driving Instructor, we have updated our application form. We are always in need of Driving Instructors at HPDE events; please download a copy here and forward to the Lead CDIs. (posted 19 Oct)
Latest Newsletter – February 2018
MOUNTAIN PASSAGES Extra:
Vehicle Detailing 101 – click here to see the full version of this article
- 02/21 AMR Membership Social @ Jake and Telly’s Taverna
- 03/31 AMR Porsche’s and Pancake Breakfast @ Uncle Sam’s Pancake House
– To view upcoming events for a specific region, go to the Calendar page and use the green ‘Tags’ dropdown box to filter for that region. (Default view is tagged for AMR, RMR, and PCA National events)
– All AMR event titles in Calendar/Upcoming Events are denoted in capital letters.
– Green or purple fonts on the website denotes a link to a website or e-mail address, click on the green text and it will bring up the new webpage or generate a new e-mail message, respectively.
Please send your suggestions and comments about the AMR website to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- e-Brake News: NY Auto Show Porsche Club Preview is March 30
- e-Brake News: Werks Reunion Amelia Island to debut two special Porsches on the East Coast [w/video]
- Your PCA e-Brake News January 2018 Recap
- e-Brake News: Land of the Lighthouse: Nova Scotia in a Porsche [w/video]
- e-Brake News: Arizona auction Porsche sales pretty much as expected