eTrails is AMR’s online bulletin for news, editorials, and regional & charity information.
– Membership Corner: New Members (posted 01 Jan)
– From the President (posted 01 Jan)
– P-Articles: The “Junction” of Safe and Fast (posted 27 Oct)
– …Low Drag: OktoberFAST HPDE Wrap-up (posted 27 Oct)
– Good Turns: November/December Charity (posted 27 Oct)
– Alpine Treks: Anatomy of a Mystery Tour (posted 01 Oct)
Announcements (Latest Update – 17 May)
AMR Breckenridge Tour
Sunday, June 19th
AMR’s tour will be a spectacular run to picturesque Breckenridge, Colorado on Sunday June 19th, 2022.
Please join us for a great drive to one of Colorado’s most beautiful and scenic resorts. On this tour we’ll drive northeast through Pike National Forest passing through Woodland Park, Deckers, Kenosha and Red Hill Passes, then on through Fairplay, Alma and Hoosier pass, arriving in Breckenridge. Some great twisting roads and magnificent views await you and your copilot!- MReg
AMR May Membership Social
Tuesday, May 24th
The May membership social will be held on Tuesday, May 24th at Edelweiss German Restaurant (34 East Ramona Avenue, Colorado Springs, 80905). Drinks will start at 6:00 PM and dinner will be served from a special menu at 6:30 PM. RSVP is required as space is limited to 65 people! Feel free to wear your Lederhosen and Dirndl dresses! Registration is now open! – MReg
NEXT BOARD MEETING: The June 2022 Board meeting will be held Tuesday, June 28th at Texas T-bone Steak House 5245 N Academy Blvd Colorado Springs, CO 80918 (updated 29th April).
SAVE THE DATES:
Got Momentum? HPDE: Join the Alpine Mountain Region as we kick off the driving season with our 1st High Performance Drivers Education (HPDE) Event of the year. Pueblo Motorsports Park is one of the Club’s favorite locations. – Volunteers please register at Volunteers – Registration CLOSES May 6 @ 6 pm
If you would like an AMR name tag/badge, please click on the link by the membership chair on the AMRPorsche.com website.
Navigate to the About AMR: Year AMR Board of Directors and Advisors: Advisor section: Membership Chair.
- Click on Membership chair wording.
- Complete form.
- To: Membership Chair.
- Subject: Name Tag.
- Comment or Message: Name (s) for the tags and mailing address to be mailed to once complete.
The Membership Chair will then email you with next steps such as where to mail the Check for $10 per tag/badge. Please make the check payable to AMR Porsche Club.
SNELL HELMET UPDATES: Effective January 1, 2022, all DE drivers must have helmets with Snell certification of either SA2015 or SA2020. (posted 09 Mar)
2022 EVENTS GUIDE: The AMR 2021 Events Guide in printable PDF format is now available for download under the eTrails webpage. (posted 25 Feb)
PCA COVID-19 UPDATE: As states and provinces have eased their restrictions, PCA’s first priority remains the health and safety of our members, volunteers, sponsors and employees. Please continue to follow all local guidelines and restrictions. The intent of the Communicable Disease Waiver (CDW) was to allow us to get back to events as quickly as practical in a responsible manner.
PCA is pleased to announce, effective Thursday, July 1, 2021, PCA no longer requires the use of the CDW. Of course, all other appropriate waivers are still needed (updated 01 Aug)
– To view upcoming events for a specific region, go to the Calendar page and use the green ‘Tags’ dropdown box to filter for that region. (Default view is tagged for AMR, RMR, and PCA National events)
– All AMR event titles in Calendar/Upcoming Events are denoted in capital letters.
– Green or purple fonts on the website denotes a link to a website or e-mail address, click on the text and it will bring up the new webpage or generate a new e-mail message, respectively.
Your Award-winning AMR Website is fueled by volunteers. We are currently looking for a new Webmaster and a Web-developer. Please contact us if you are interested in joining our team.
PCA National’s Best Overall Website: 2012 & 2017
PCA National’s Betty Jo Turner Award for Best Overall Newsletter: 2019
Contact Alpine Mountain Region here.
PCA eBrake News Link
– Porsche 992 GT3 reviews: Watch and read all of the best
– PCA Spotlight: Everything to consider when upgrading your Porsche’s brakes
– We drive Porsche’s Taycan 4S: Everything you need to know [w/video]
– Piëch to Peak: Four Porsche 906 Carreras drive through the Rockies
– ‘Tomato’ in the Desert: Our Porsche Cayenne meets its first real road challenge
– Video: Why Porsche’s 992-gen 911 GT3 Cup is a technical leap
Subscribe to eBrake News