Board Meeting Minutes

The Board meeting minutes (aka Exhaust Notes) has permanently moved from the Mountain Passage newsletter to the website. Once the AMR Board has approved the monthly meeting minutes, we will post the contents on this webpage. This webpage will provide six months worth of meeting minutes, after that, the contents will be archived to a Word document and will be available for download by members.  Minutes are submitted by AMR Secretary Tim Drummer.


OCTOBER MINUTES – 10.30.2018
Location: Mollica’s Italian Restaurant
Start Time: 6:31 pm
Attendees: Denise Jordan, Mark Stolberg, Matt Ardaiz, Tim Drummer, Jim Sorensen, Robert Baumgartner, Alex Ching, Nate Adams, Dana Kasten, Dwight Kasten, Phil Smith, Tim Hoiles, Robert Yen, Karl Klepfer, Max Hellman, Barb Tracey, Fred Veitch, and Jack Ferguson.

Review of Action Items – The first AI, Jim S to put request in newsletter and to email/call new members, the first part is complete but the second part remains open. The second AI, Denise to arrange date and location of the joint board meeting has been closed.

PRESIDENT’S REMARKS
Denise welcomed the many new attendees to the Board meeting. She commented that Mollica’s has a time limit on how late the meeting could go, so she encouraged Board members to be efficient. The Club is winding down the year, with the Mystery Tour and Pueblo HPDE just completed. She expressed thanks to volunteers. Denise also related that PCA has reached out to AMR to request support for a Colorado Springs Treffen. The AMR Board supports the event and PCA representatives will be onsite in November to begin working details.

COMMITTEE REPORTS
Treasurer’s Report: Dana provided a 2 month report since she was absent last month. Overall the Club balance is down $14k but is improving slightly.
Newsletter: Matt reported that the digital newsletter is on track for delivery Dec 1. The content is fairly sparse given the slowdown in the schedule. For anything going into the Dec Newsletter, Matt will need items by 26 Nov. Denise mentioned that she had a lead for a replacement editor but it fell through, the club is still looking for a Newsletter Editor.
Advertising: Matt stated without an Editor advertising is a challenge but he will send out a request for volunteers.
Sponsorship: NSTR
Membership: Jim told the Board there have been 7 new members and 2 departures since his last report. AMR now has 433 Primary and 260 affiliate members. There were 66 Newsletter mailings in Oct.
Website: Alex reported the website is going well.
CDI Program: Mark related to the Board we’ve had a great season with lots of assistance from instructors. Fred echoed that it was well organized. Phil Smith commented that he was recently in Birmingham at the Porsche Sports Driving School and that while there he got many compliments on AMR HPDE’s.
Membership Socials: Denise reported that at the November Lady’s Day is expected to have strong turnout.
Charities: Barb reminded everyone that The Christmas Party will collect items for the Toys for Tots charity.
PCS: Fred told the Board that he is working with PCA on a display solution for the Colorado Springs dealership to showcase club memorabilia, and that he plans to engage the dealership early in 2019.
Tours: Nate reported that the Fall Mystery Tour went well and that he is working the 2019 calendar of events. He expects to have some new tour leads.

EVENTS
Future Events:
Joint Board Meeting – Denise has been discussing with Jim Thornburn (RMR) to confirm the date of 9 Dec at 11am at Old Chicagos on North Academy. Denise emphasized that the meeting will include more joint issues between the clubs than just scheduling.
Board Elections – Denise discussed that she has been considering how to go forward with the VP role with Mark stepping down. The Board has previously discussed expanding the role for a First and Second VP. After discussion with how other Zones have implemented such an approach, she would like to keep a single VP in 2019 with the goal of defining a two-VP approach for 2020. Alex has expressed interest in running for the VP role in 2019, and there are three members that have expressed interest in the Member at Large position. The Nominating Committee will narrow down to a single person on the slate.
Holiday Party – Denise said the date has moved to 7 Dec, she is finalizing menus and cost, and everything is proceeding.
Past Event Wrap Up:
Mystery Tour – Nate stated it was sold out at 20 cars with 19 rooms, it ended up at Ouray, CO. Everything went well and the final budget was reviewed.
Pueblo HPDE – Robert reported there 63 drivers and he saw a lot of advanced drivers at the event. There were no safety issues. Max Hellman told the Board this was his first DE, he gave high praise to the event and stated he would like to get more involved volunteering in 2019.

OLD BUSINESS
Award Committee – Denise told the Board that the Award Committee has collected trophies from the last winners and they are now working on selecting the new awardees.

NEW BUSINESS
HPDE Program in 2019 – Denise opened the discussion on HPDE by telling the assembled audience that HPDE’s are not going away, that the Board has committed to a minimum of 3 HPDE’s in 2019. She stated that the Board is looking into options for a 4th HPDE in 2019. Denise discussed that the dynamics of the club have led to a decrease on HPDE participation and that we need more volunteers. Key areas include Start, Control, and corner workers. Need additional volunteers to distribute the workload.
Mark added that part of his reason to not pursue the VP role next year was to focus on providing support to HPDE Chairs. Planning for an HPDE begins almost a year in advance. The Board is committing to 3 events and this is a stronger commitment have seen historically. Mark believes he may have identified volunteers for a 4th HPDE. Typically for an event there are many caveats and it is on hold until all volunteers are identified. He is actively working schedules and de-conflicting with other major events (WRL, RMR, etc).
Denise solicited volunteers from among the new attendees to the Board meeting. Max re-iterated his willingness to volunteer.
Robert Yen asked for confirmation if the commitment was 3 or 4 events (answer was currently 3). Robert lobbied to add La Junta as a 4th event. There was also discussion that the lack of an instructor training program in 2019 was a problem.
Tim Hoiles asked if the Club had implemented sponsorship levels (response, not yet but Club would look into it). Tim also asked if he could get Club Treasury balances for 2008, 2013, and 2017. Were there HPDE losses in the last 5 years (response, no, have not seen losses in last 5 years).
Volunteer Program – Alex stated that we need a bevy of volunteers and that for each position we need a roles and responsibilities description. Also include what training is available to the volunteer. Alex will be adding this information the website. Alex asked the Board to help with inputs on each of these roles. Fred suggested we do a local training workshop.
Control and Start Committee – Alex stated he and Bob Foltz will put together a committee to identify a set of volunteers for Control and Start positions and to provide training. This will create a set of volunteers for all HPDEs. Goal is to have in place by first 2019 HPDE.

MOTIONS
1. Approve 2 month Treasury Report. Made by Mark, Seconded by Jim. Denise, Alex, Dana, and Tim voted AYE.

ACTION ITEMS
1. Denise to work with Dana to get the trophies made that are the members to keep.

The next Board meeting will be 27 Nov at Texas T-Bone.

Finish Time 7:48 pm


SEPTEMBER MINUTES – 9.25.2018
Location: Texas T-Bone
Start Time: 6:31 pm
Attendees: Denise Jordan, Mark Stolberg, Matt Ardaiz, Tim Drummer, Jim Sorensen, Robert Baumgartner, Jackie Mogenson, Joel Godfredson.

Review of Action Items – The first AI, Denise to send e-blast to new members to get name badges was closed. A new AI was opened for Jim to put request in newsletter and to email/call new members.
The second AI, Mark to send Alex the La Junta ad, was closed.
The third AI, Denise to arrange date and location of the joint board meeting remains open.
The fourth AI, Denise to confirm with Fred Veitch when First and Main Car Show will feature Porsche is closed.
The fifth AI, Matt to develop a digital ballot for e-blast is closed.

PRESIDENT’S REMARKS
Denise discussed that there is still lots going on for the club but that the schedule is winding down for the season. Event have gone very well this year, she is working with others to start planning for next year. Denise gave many thanks to the volunteers of the club for all they do.

COMMITTEE REPORTS
Treasurer’s Report: Dana was absent.
Newsletter: Matt reported that the October Newsletter is done and will be mailed Oct 1. There have been approximately 90 opt-ins for hard copies. This will reduce the overall cost by about 1/3.
Advertising and Sponsorship: Matt stated that he is still looking for volunteers to take on this role. Also, all advertising is paid to date.
Membership: Jim told the Board there have been 4 new members since his last report. AMR now has 428 Primary and 259 affiliate members.
Website: Alex was absent.
CDI Program: Mark related to the Board that we continue to see significant decline in HPDE participation. Mark believes the club needs to engage in earlier planning and registration. Racing events that are being held at the same time as our HPDE’s are also affecting attendance. Mark requested approval to the bare bones budgets for the 2019 La Junta, PPIR, and Pueblo events.
Mark withdrew his previous request for new instructor training as we have a good field today and he is working with RMR on an instructor refresher training course.
Membership Socials: Denise reported that the October social will be held at the Edelweiss. In November there will be the Ladies Luncheon, the location is still TBD.
Charities: Barb was absent, but Denise told the Board that the October Charity will be Care and Share. Denise also related that the C&S managers have arranged for a tour of the C&S facility along with a lunch. The Ladies Luncheon will sponsor TESSA as the charity and The Christmas Party will collect items for the Toys for Tots charity.
PCS: No Updates.
Tours: Nate was absent.

EVENTS
Future Events:
Joint Board Meeting – Denise has been discussing with Jim Thornburn (RMR) to confirm if the proposed date of 1 Dec will work. Denise emphasized that she wants to include more joint issues between the clubs than just scheduling.
Mystery Tour – Denise reported that the event is now sold out with 1 person on the wait list. There will be 20 rooms, though Nate is looking into whether the hotel would make additional rooms available.
Pueblo HPDE – Robert Baumgartner reported there are 38 cars signed up and only need 2 additional registrants to break even on costs. Still need to identify someone to work Control.
Board Elections – Mark notified the Board that he will not seek re-election to the Vice President position. Due to this, Denise requested the Board approve an extension to the elections from October. Denise discussed desire to increase Board positions to have two Vice President roles which would allow a distribution of the workload and provide better continuity. There will be an open call for a Vice President. Joel requested the club setup a Nominating Committee starting next week. Also, the Board will consider language to add a First and Second Vice President roles to the AMR Board of Directors.
Holiday Party – Denise said no further updates, but will likely be the election venue.
Past Event Wrap Up:
Charity Poker Run – Barb told the Board everything is on track, there are 5 registrants and will do another e-blast.
Second La Junta HPDE – Jackie Mogensen reported there are 25 2-day registrants and 2 1-day. Most all have signed up for the dinner. Everything is ready to go.

OLD BUSINESS
Nothing significant to report.

NEW BUSINESS
Denise discussed that the dynamics of the club have led to a decrease on HPDE participation and suggested the club do another survey to understand membership interests. Main target would be new members.
Denise asked about role of Safety Chair going forward. As CDI, Mark is the Club Safety Chair. Mark recommended a Safety Chair be appointed per event and the Board agreed.

MOTIONS
1. Approve barebones budgets for venues as specified in Mark Stolberg’s written proposal (La Junta, PPIR, and Pueblo) for 2019.
Made by Denise, Seconded by Jim. Mark, Joel, and Tim voted AYE.
2. 50-day extension to the AMR Board of Directors election for 2019.
Made by Denise, Seconded by Joel. Mark, Tim, and Jim voted Aye.

ACTION ITEMS
1. Jim Sorensen to put request in Newsletter for new members to contact him their new badges. Any still remaining in the following month, Jim will email and call.

The next Board meeting will be 30 October at Mollica’s.

Finish Time 8:26 pm


AUGUST MINUTES – 8.28.2018
Location: Mollica’s Italian Restaurant
Start Time: 6:30 pm
Attendees: Denise Jordan, Mark Stolberg, Nate Adams, Matt Ardaiz, Tim Drummer, Alex Ching, Barb Treacy, Dana Kasten, Dwight Kasten, Robert Baumgartner, Steve Carlson, Jackie Mogenson, Joel Godfredson

Review of Action Items – The first Action Item, Matt Ardaiz to develop a new advertising package was reviewed and it was agreed to keep the package unchanged. Action Closed. There was no change to Action Items #2 and #3, AI #4 was closed as the updated Tech Inspection form was sent to Alex. AI #5 remains open.

PRESIDENT’S REMARKS
Denise welcomed Joel back to the Colorado Springs and stated that we are in the final part of the 2018 schedule. Members of the Board have started working the 2019 schedule. Denise thanked all volunteers for their ongoing support.

COMMITTEE REPORTS
Treasurer’s Report: Dana reported that the overall Club net worth has declined and we are down about $16,000 YTD but continuing to get better with events starting to generate income. Dana is working to resolve a delinquent advertising account.
Newsletter: Matt reported there have been 51 opt-ins for hard copies. Denise indicated that she has a strong lead on a possible newsletter editor replacement for Matt but encouraged Board to continue looking for a replacement. The September newsletter will advertise for the position. Matt requested that people continue to submit volunteer recognition articles.
Advertising and Sponsorship: There are 2 new advertisers.
Membership: Jim was not present. No report.
Website: Alex asked when the First and Main event would be sponsoring Porsche.
CDI Program: Mark provided the Board updates to the HPDE proposal from July including coordination with tracks and with RMR. Would like Board to review and plan to vote in September. The plan provides a bare bones budget for all 2019 HPDE events. Mark indicated that the 2019 plan needs to include instructor training and certification activities and that the proposal includes a percentage of HPDE proceeds to cover instructor training costs.
Denise stated that in 2019 she would like to have an overarching HPDE Chair position similar to what the club has done for Tours.
Membership Socials: The September social will be at Casa Fiesta in Monument. October will be held at Edelweiss. The Ladies Luncheon will be in November. December will be the club Christmas Party.
Charities: Barb stated the charity poker run is all set. The Christmas Party will collect items for the Toys for Tots charity.
PCS: No Updates.
Tours: Nate indicated tours are going well with two remaining, but the final two will not have a selected charity.

EVENTS
Future Events:
Joint Board Meeting – Mark and Denise are developing the AMR position and will then engage RMR for a date and place.
Charity Poker Run – Barb told the Board everything is on track, there are 5 registrants and will do another e-blast.
Second La Junta HPDE – Jackie Mogensen reported there are 25 2-day registrants and 2 1-day. Most all have signed up for the dinner. Everything is ready to go.
Mystery Tour – Nate reported that the planning is complete and the route has been surveyed. There are still 2 openings for the event..
Pueblo HPDE – Robert Baumgartner is the Chair and he reported he is now familiar with the task list and is working on advertising. He is also reaching out to neighboring clubs. Much of the event logistics are already in place. There are 17 registrants with 6 instructors.
Holiday Party – Denise said planning is moving forward.
Board Elections – Denise stated that we need to get the ballot in the newsletter. It was confirmed that anyone mailing in their ballot will send to the AMR PO Box. Barb agreed to be the official who will tally the election results. With transition to digital newsletter, will do an e-blast of the ballot.
Past Event Wrap Up:
The Other Springs Tour – Nate reported it went well with 11 cars and 22 people attending.
Phantom Canyon Tour – Nate states this event was successful with 7 cars and 12 people attending.

OLD BUSINESS
Nothing significant to report.

NEW BUSINESS
Mark discussed that it is now time to start planning the AMR 2019 schedule and plan for the Joint Board Meeting with RMR, this year AMR will host. This will be added to the September Board meeting agenda. It is necessary to establish the Board Nominating Committee and Awards Selection Committee.

MOTIONS
1. Approve treasury report.
Made by Tim, Seconded by Denise, Mark, Alex, and Dana all voted AYE.

ACTION ITEMS
1. Denise to confirm with Fred Veitch when the First and Main Car Show will be sponsoring Porsche.
2. Matt to develop a digital ballot for e-blast.

The next Board meeting will be 25 September at Texas T-Bone.

Finish Time 7:30 pm


JULY MINUTES – 7.31.2018
Location: Texas T-Bone
Start Time: 6:30 pm
Attendees: Denise Jordan, Mark Stolberg, Jim Sorensen, Nate Adams, Matt Ardaiz, Tim Drummer, Pam Drummer, Jack Ferguson, Alex Ching, Barb Treacy, Dana Kasten, Dwight Kasten, Robert Baumgartner, Rob Provost, Linda Foltz, Bob Foltz.

Review of Action Items – Reviewed previous AI’s, no change in status.

PRESIDENT’S REMARKS
Denise stated the schedule is progressing, tours are well attended, and the Club is going well. Denise related a telecom she attended with PCA National leadership and other Region Presidents. In the meeting it was discussed that Parade was a big success with increased participation in concours. In addition, the phenomenon of decreased DE participation is being seen by many regions. Rennsport in September is expected to be largest ever, with 72,000 participants. Parade in 2019 will be at the Waldorf-Astoria Resort in Boca Raton.

COMMITTEE REPORTS
Treasurer’s Report: Dana reported that the overall Club net worth has declined but over last 2 months it is getting better with events starting to generate income. Dana renewed the truck and trailer insurance.
Newsletter: Matt reported copies of the July Newsletter were mailed to PCA National recipients. Matt, Marco, and Mark will meet to discuss specifics on transitioning to digital newsletter delivery. Even after digital transition, expect a small number will need to be printed. Will start the digital Newsletter on 1 Oct, in August e-blasts and Newsletter notices will go out. Working to resolve final technical issue on how to do e-blast Newsletter link approach. Matt also told the Board that as the year comes to a close, the calendar of events gets smaller and this allows more space for other material.
Matt submitted his resignation to the Board, effective after the December issue.
Advertising and Sponsorship: Nothing significant to report.
Membership: Jim provided membership statistics: Primary 427, Affiliate 260. 4 new members this month, 1 transfer.
The Board discussed that is has become a problem where new members request name badges but never pick them up, Jim will begin to charge a nominal fee to cover the cost of making a name badge.
Website: Alex indicated all was going well.
CDI Program: Mark told the Board that the La Junta event went well, it was safe, fun, and overall expenses were kept low. Mark will present the 2019 HPDE plan at the next Board meeting. Mike Childs and Steve Carleson are developing an improved storage solution for the truck.
Membership Socials: The July social will be at Mackenzie’s Chophouse with limited attendance available. October will be held at Edelweiss. The Ladies Luncheon will be in November.
Charities: The August social will collect donations for a new charity, the Palmer Divide Blanket Brigade.
PCS: No Updates.
Tours: Nate indicated tours are going well and we past the halfway point for the year.

EVENTS
Future Events:
Phantom Canyon off-road tour for Cayennes – Nate reported that the tour has 5 cars registered with 9 people. It is open to non-Porsches. The chair is TJ Veldheer.
The Other Spring tours – Nate reported it will be held on 18 August and has 9 cars with 16 people registered. Nate will be leading but he is looking for a sweep.
Charity Poker Run – Barb told the Board everything is on track, Newsletter ad has been submitted and she has flyers.
Second La Junta HPDE – The Chair will be Jackie Mogensen, the ad is ready to be published and it will be a minimal DE event.
Mystery Tour – Nate reported that the planning is complete and the route has been surveyed. The budget had been previously passed via email motion. There has been a good response to the ad so far and the tour is limited to 20 cars.
Pueblo HPDE – Robert Baumgartner is the Chair, he is working to understand all responsibilities and is getting assistance from Chris Lennon. Much of the event logistics are already in place and Denise is reviewing the contract.
Holiday Party – Denise will be the chair and she reported that it will be at the El Paso Club, there are no reservation fees or bartending/wait staff fees. The Club can support about 100 person attendance, there is no need for people to pay upfront.
Past Event Wrap Up:
La Junta HPDE – Mark reported it was a great event.
Not the Parade Tour – Nate reported they went to Parker and toured the Vehicle Vault Museum; they had 15 cars and 23 people. They raised $91 for the Pikes Peak Habitat for Humanity.
Full Steam ahead Train tour – Bob Foltz provided to the Board they had 9 cars and it was a good tour, everyone had a great time.

OLD BUSINESS
Nothing significant to report.

NEW BUSINESS
Mark discussed that it is now time to start planning the AMR 2019 schedule and plan for the Joint Board Meeting with RMR, this year AMR will host. This will be added to the August Board meeting agenda. It is necessary to establish the Board Nominating Committee and Awards Selection Committee.

MOTIONS
1. Approve two months of treasury report.
Made by Mark Stohlberg, Seconded by Tim Drummer, Denise, Jim, Alex, and Dana all vote AYE.
2. Approve Charity Poker Run Budget
Jim made the motion, Denise seconded, Mark, Tim, Jim, Dana, and Alex all voted AYE.

ACTION ITEMS
1. Matt to develop a new advertising package and present to the Board for approval.
2. Denise to send an e-blast to new members to ask them to pick up their name badges.
3. Mark to send Alex the updated Tech Inspection form.
4. Denise to arrange for date and location of the upcoming Joint Board Meeting.

The next Board meeting will be 28 August at Mollica’s.

Finish Time 7:44 pm


JUNE MINUTES – 6.26.2018
Location: Texas T-Bone
Start Time: 6:24 pm
Attendees: Denise Jordan, Mark Stolberg, Jim Sorensen, Nate Adams, Matt Ardaiz, Jackie Mogensen, Jack Ferguson, Alex Ching, Barb Treacy, Dana Kasten, Dwight Kasten, Marco Morales, Eric Rummel, Linda Foltz, Bob Foltz.

Review of Action Items – Reviewed previous AI’s, Action Items #1, #3, #4, and #5 were all closed. AI #2 remains open and was transferred to Matt Ardaiz as he has re-assumed Advertising Chair role.

PRESIDENT’S REMARKS
Denise stated it is a busy summer, tours are well attended, and several DEs are in –work. Club has seen several new members. The focus will be on the second half of the year, looking to fall and winter activities.

COMMITTEE REPORTS
Treasurer’s Report: Dana was unavailable last month and therefore provided a 2 month report. There have been many upfront expenses at the beginning of the year and these are now being recouped as the events begin executing. Dana has re-ordered checks for the club. The 2017 tax return has been filed.
Newsletter: Matt reported the newsletter is going well and he has established a good relationship with the publisher which allows him an extra couple days before final deadline to publish. He is planning to send copies of the March – June issues of the newsletter to National representatives. The biggest hurdle for the transition to all-digital is attaching the newsletter to the email distribution for 500+ recipients. It was noted that the Road Runner region has gone to all-digital, can discuss with them how they have addressed. Denise stated that at AMR events she gets complements from members on the newsletter.
Advertising and Sponsorship: Matt has re-assumed the Advertising Chair position.
Membership: Primary 425, Affiliate 258. 6 new members this month.
Website: Alex indicated all was going well.
CDI Program: Mark provided hand-outs on the HPDE Program and La Junta event budget (July event). Attendance has been a challenge at recent HPDA events, but have been able to meet the costs of executing the events. Mark provided a proposal for the remainder of 2018 events, including the currently planned 2nd La Junta in September and 2nd Pueblo in October. It was suggested these be advertised as “minimum attendance events” in order to conduct the event. Another alternative is to cancel one or other to reduce club risk. Denise indicated the Board would decide via email in next few days in order to give Board Members time to consider the options.
Membership Socials: The July social will be at Panino’s Eastside with limited attendance available.
Charities: TESSA will be the charity for July. The charity poker run has been moved to 16 Sep, still finalizing the details. Will have a max of 15 cars and will support the Pike’s Peak Habitat for Humanity.
PCS: No Updates.
Tours: Nate indicated tours are going well. Tours are averaging 15-18 attendees. Nate stated that the last two tours had incorporated charity support.

EVENTS
Future Events:
LaJunta HPDE – Final few items in-work but everything is pretty much done.
Not the Parade Tour – Everything in place and will do a final drive of the route. There are currently 7 cars signed up, but expect a final surge.
Full Steam ahead Train Tour – Bob Foltz provided review, registration will close Monday at 11pm. Bob is looking to remove frills to lower costs. If insufficient registrations, will have to release unused train seats and hotel rooms.
Autocross – The AMR club will not conduct an Autocross this year. Instead, have coordinated with SCCA for them to assume the data and track contract, Porsche will be the featured car brand.
Phantom Canyon off-road tour for Cayennes is in initial planning stages and does have a chair.
The Other Springs tour is in planning, with a chair identified. The restaurant has been confirmed and route drafted. Will go to Idaho Springs.
Holiday Party– Denise reported that it will not be at the Warehouse, but will be at the El Paso Club
Past Event Wrap Up:
Castles, Trains and Porsches Tour – 18 cars and 32 people with half doing the train dinner.
Heritage Fire Tour – There were 12 cars total which made for a nice intimate tour. The tour received $250 in sponsorship from Snowmass.

OLD BUSINESS
Nothing significant to report.

NEW BUSINESS
Bob Foltz provided the Board information on an Open House at their home, which they are calling “Wine, Cheese, and Choo-Choos”. It will be 14 Sep and is open to the club though RSVP is required.

MOTIONS
1. Approve two months of treasury report.
Made by Mark Stohlberg, Seconded by Jim Sorensen, Alex, Tim, and Dana all vote AYE.
2. Transfer the AMR Autocross track reservation date and contract to SCCA. Denise made the motion, Dana seconded, Mar, Tim, Jim, and Alex all voted AYE.

ACTION ITEMS
There were no new Action Items.

The next Board meeting will be 31 July at Texas T-Bone.

Finish Time 8:19 pm


MAY MINUTES – 5.29.2018
Location: Texas T-Bone
Start Time: 6:31 pm
Attendees: Denise Jordan, Mark Stolberg, Jim Sorensen, Nate Adams, Matt Ardaiz, Jackie Mogensen, Jack Ferguson, Alex Ching, Barb Treacy, Tim Drummer.

Review of Action Items – Reviewed previous AI’s, AI #1 was closed with the required data being presented, AI #2 was closed with the Charities discussion, AI #3 remains open, and AI #4 was closed with the determination that the By-Laws allow minutes to only be posted online.

PRESIDENT’S REMARKS
Denise Jordan stated that AMR events are in full swing and that weather has proven to be a challenge. She recently attended an RMR event and learned that RMR has a new president, James (Jim) Thorburn. Denise has reached out to him meet and discuss future event collaborations.

COMMITTEE REPORTS
Treasurer’s Report: No report.
Newsletter: Matt showed the advance copy of next month’s newsletter. Calendar is starting to shrink as summer progresses. Matt was able to reduce the needed Adobe subscription which reduces the software costs by nearly 50%. Matt continues to look for additional support. The Board discussed raising advertising rates and that transitioning to all-digital will lower overhead costs.
Advertising and Sponsorship: Denise noted that there is some concern that a couple ads were blurry. This is being addressed with the advertisers.
Membership: Primary 426, Affiliate 262. 6 new members this month.
Website: Alex Ching discussed particulars on how to put the minutes on the website. He recommended a single page with 6 months of newsletters and then move older ones to a separate area that is a running history.
CDI Program: Mark Stolberg presented initial thoughts on a HPDE Education Program. AMR has very good track access compared to other regions and as a result can get prospective instructors trained very quickly. HPDE attendance has been declining. Presented possible event modifications for remainder of 2018 and then for 2019. Biggest issue is that we have lost our BLUE run group participants. Based on discussions, RMR has similar challenges. Reviewed the initial thoughts on the 2019 approach, Mark will develop specific budget numbers for the Board to review and vote. Discussed idea of a volunteer coordination role and expanding the role of Members-at-Large.
Membership Socials: The June social will be at El Padrino’s and is limited to 40 people. It will be a week earlier than normal to deconflict with the Pike Peak Hill Climb.
Charities: TESSA will be the charity for June and July. Vito Pagano will also give a presentation on the Courage Classic cycling fundraiser for Children’s Hospital. On the Saturday (6/2) Tour, Habitat for Humanity will be the charity.
PCS: No Updates.
Tours: Nate Adams discussed that the tours are going well. This Saturday will be the third tour of the year. Tours are averaging 15-18 attendees. Denise provided feedback that members have requested day tours on Sunday as well.

EVENTS
Future Events:
Castles, Trains and Porsches Tour – Closed last Saturday, 18 cars and 32 people. 12 people will do the train dinner.
Heritage Fire Tour – Open with 10 cars signed up.
La Junta HPDE – There are 7 cars for Saturday, 6 cars for Sunday. Everything pretty much done.
Not the Parade Tour – Route planned, lunch will be at Hickory House in Parker. Ad will go out this week and registration will be set up.
Full Steam Ahead Train Tour – Bob Foltz will lead, 12 people (6 cars) which include Tour Lead and Co-Lead.
Past Event Wrap Up:
Pueblo HPDE – Mark Stolberg stated that there were 53 cars on Saturday, 36 cars on Sunday. No incidents. Successful, revenue positive, and a great time for all.
Breckenridge Tour – Nate Adams reported that it went well and weather cooperated. There were 16 cars, 31 people.

OLD BUSINESS
Barb Treacy inquired about the website “Goodie Store” and Alex indicated he was still facilitating logistics.

NEW BUSINESS
Refund Policy – Denise noted that April events can be weather challenged and that for HPDE’s the costs go up dramatically from April to May. Denise felt we’re not enforcing our refund policy and that with all the preparation that goes into an event, the club needs to hold registrants to the policy. It was also noted that the focus of the HPDE is training, so challenging weather is an opportunity to train.
Opt Out for Mountain Passages – The Board discussed the Opt Out strategy for the newsletter. There will be an e-Blast in June at same time newsletter is published announcing that the future will be all digital. Jim will be the POC for collecting those who still want printed version. Will implement the Opt Out in September.

MOTIONS
1. There were no motions.

ACTION ITEMS
1. Denise to develop a new advertising package and present to the Board for approval.
2. Mark to contact Rich Sanders and coordinate the AMR calendar with Zone 9 calendar.
3. Denise – Email Executive Committee Board and ask them for their their mailing addresses for the printed Newsletter.
4. Alex – get in touch with PCA National and Board Members to determine online items for sale.

Finish Time 8:38 pm


APRIL MINUTES – 4.24.2018
Location: Old Chicago
Start Time: 6:30 pm
Attendee: Denise Jordan, Joel Godfredson, Dana Kasten, Jim Sorensen, Dwight Kasten, Nate Adams, Matt Ardaiz, Jackie Morgensen, Jack Ferguson, Alex Ching, Bob and Linda Foltz.

Review of Action Items – None

PRESIDENT’S REMARKS
The Calendar is started with both the first HPDE and Tour completed. Both events saw an impact due to weather which we will need to consider for these April events. We continue to get praise on the Newsletter. There has been a lot of interest in tours with a lot of people stepping up to help.

COMMITTEE REPORTS
Treasurer’s Report: Funds YTD continue to be down. Income was seen on the Instructor Refresh HPDE, PPIR HPDE and Autocross, Advertising, Interest Income and a PCA 2017 Special Rebate. Expenses included Admin costs, correct sized trailer ball, HPDE and AX expenses, Heritage Fire room deposit and the newsletter. Additional details on costs and the impact of Instructor discounts to the PPIR event can be seen in the wrap up section.
Newsletter: Positive feedback continues to roll in and there is a backlog of articles due to the high number of events this time of year. Some articles will be used when the newsletter slows down in the Fall. Matt will use his judgement on any size restrictions but new events will continue to take precedence. The cost to expand the newsletter is 24 pages/$2600, 28 pages/$2950 and 32 pages $3300 based on 500 copies. Expansion of the newsletter will not be considered right now due to the cost exceeding the advertising income. Discussed opportunities to Opt In or Opt Out of printing and publishing an electronic versions for those who chose that option. Noted that Voting committee for the Newsletter aware should all be sent a printed version of the newsletter.
Advertising and Sponsorship: 2 New advertisers have been secure with additional coming.
Membership: Primary 428, Affiliate 263 for a total of 591. 5 new members this month.
Website: Alex is working to archive old newsletter (2016 and older) due to the size that these editions take up. If you need an older version, please contact Alex. Alex also plans to slim down the Mtn Market on the website with the new purchasing program directly from PCA.
CDI Program: Mark unavailable (travelling)
Membership Socials: The last social at the Motif Jazz Café was great. They offered a good menu and the atmosphere allowed everyone to mingle so this was a great venue. Next month will be at Bourbon Brothers.
Charities: Next month is the Driving Skills Institute.
PCS Liaison: No Updates.
Tours: Discussed opportunity to collect voluntary donations at tours and split between Charity and trip costs such as Printing at event.

EVENTS
Future Events:
AMR Pueblo HPDE – Looking for volunteers to learn Control, start and help with Chairing. Email blast has been sent out with needs.
Breckenridge Tour – Mike Moore will lead, update to lunch location and will confirm. Tour is Open with an eblast and Facebook posting coming tomorrow.
Castles, Trains and Porsches Tour – Open and will begin at 1st & Main after the car show.
Heritage Fire Tour – Open with over half the rooms committed.
LaJunta HPDE – Jackie Morgensen – Budget was reviewed and recommendation to remove Co-Chair option to be consistent with other HPDEs. Jackie is looking at including the Buffet dinner in registration.
Train Tour – Bob Foltz presented some options he is pursuing for this trip. The Hot Springs Lodging was recommended and he will be putting together costs after a pre-run of the trip next week. Additional information will be pulled from previous trips for contacts.
Past Event Wrap Up:
PPIR HPDE and AX – Event overall lost money. The AX did not have enough attendees to cover the track rental. The HPDE saw lower participation and with higher Instructor discounts did not break even.
Ring the Peak Tour – Tour was moved back one day due to weather. Still had 16 cars and 32 people. Good participation considering the late notice in moving the tour. Insurance was also able to be updated quickly.

MOTIONS
1. Motion made and passed to approve the Treasurer’s report. Yea votes from Denise Jordan, Joel Godfredson, Dana Kasten, Jim Sorensen and Alex Ching.
2. Motion made and passed to approve the LaJunta HPDE Budget. Yea votes from Denise Jordan, Joel Godfredson, Dana Kasten, Jim Sorensen and Alex Ching.

ACTION ITEMS
1. Denise/Matt/Dana – Look at Opt In and Opt Out Printing Options in addition to possible June Rate update. Matt to research cost to print 100/200/350 copies.
2. Nate to work with Barb on possible donations to be collected at tours (splitting money between current charity and tour costs).
3. Matt/Denise/Jim – Ensure that Executive Committee Board is on mailing list for the printed Newsletter.
4. Denise – Determine if the full minutes have to be posted in the Newsletter or possible link to the website to free up space in newsletter.

Finish Time 8:31 pm